Monday, October 8, 2012

Alaska Trip Day 1 - Florida to Washington

For the past few months, Copper River Salmon Company has been sending me fish. Not just any fish. Copper River Salmon. Copper River Salmon is one of the most sought after fish in the world. (click on the blue words above to read about Copper River Salmon.)

I felt lucky to be receiving this special fish for such a good price. The price? Free!! All I had to do was make recipes, share them on social media, and also locate a few places locally that was selling or serving Copper River Salmon. It was prize enough to be getting the salmon for free, but come to find out a few months down the road, I won another prize! They wanted to fly myself and another blogger up to Cordova, Alaska to check out their gig! Yes Please! Man was I stoked!!

The first day, they flew me from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Seattle, Washington, where they put me up in a hotel near the Pike Place Market. Copper River Salmon Company knows their Foodies well! They allowed 1/2 a day there in Seattle to explore the market and do all those nerdy food things that I like to do. I was in heaven!

Below are a pictures I captured while visiting Pike Place Market. And at the end of the post I will leave a link to their website to read more about it. I strongly encourage anyone ever visiting Seattle to leave at least 1/2 a day to fiddle around in this area. There are samples galore, fresh fish and seafood everywhere, entertainment, wine and beer tasting, music, art, etc. Everything you could hope for in a market you will find here. I fell in love with this place.

I have typed in the "blue word links" so that you can discover some of the food and places further for ordering purposes or travel planning.

 Just a couple city block walk from my hotel to the market.

Street is filled with energy, activity, people, flowers, and sweet aromas of fresh food!
One of the main entrances.

Right inside the main entrance. So much fresh seafood.


There was a lot of activity at these fish places. They are cheery, helpful, and they sing loudly together while tossing fish through the air back and forth. They even let me hold a big one:)

What kind of a day would it have been without a snack! I walked by here and grabbed four HUGE shrimp with some cocktail sauce for a nice little treat while walking the market.

Seriously, look how honking that is!

There were so many samples at the market there was no way I could photograph all the neat stuff, but I thought the honey was cool because it naturally lured in more than just humans. It was fun to watch people cautiously dip their tasting sticks around these little buggers.

Smoked Salmon Jerky! This was the bomb.com. #MoreFreeSamples!

This place was cool! Uli's Famous Sausage Company has sausages representing many different countries. As you can see below, each label names the sausage, presents the countries flag, and describes the flavor of the sausage as well.

Have you ever had bacon in chocolate? Me neither, but it was AWESOME!!
 I met two really cool sisters from Jersey at a wine tasting. We decided we needed to go beer tasting as well. So we hit up The Pike Brewery for some munchies and beer. #GoodCompany

Gorgeous flowers for next to nothing in price!

Market Spice. This was my first experience with Market Spice. LOVE!

At Market Spice they had absolutely every spice, tea, coffee, etc you could ever want. I love that it is all in bulk so you can buy as little or as much as you want. They also store in big recycled glass jars with screw on lids. Just my style:)

My loot.


Stay tuned for the rest of the Alaska Trip pics! I can't wait to share them with you!!

Next up! Day 2- Arrival in Cordova, Alaska!

Pike Place Market Link - Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment